Thursday, October 28, 2004

Thursday 28th October

Had an appointment with the Speech Therapist this afternoon, so had to finish work early. We had to sit in a little room and the woman had to try and get Alana to talk so she could hear her speech. She also wanted to tape her talking.
Of course Alana was having none of it to begin with and just nodded and shook her head....that's my girl!! She then gave Alana some textas to draw with and had a chat with me, then tried again with Alana. Thankfully she'd started to relax by then and answered all the questions that the woman asked her.
Happy to say that her speech is nothing to be worried about and doesn't need any therapy at all. Just need to keep an ear out if she gets a bit stuttery and slow her down a bit. One less thing to worry about!!

We're going to go for a drive to a nice little suburb called Warrandyte. We're going to have some lunch by the river and then Alana can go and play on the banks. It's a lovely place in the Summer but it can get a bit busy with tourists.

Nick's working on Saturday so I'm taking Alana swimming, going to drop by my parent's house to see if they can mind her for an hour while I go for a run, then home to shower and change, then off to Knox City again in my search for a nice pearl choker to wear on Oaks Day.

We've decided to get to the racecourse on the train as it'll be bedlam on the roads. We need to get there a bit early so that we can help set up the marquee (and make sure the champers is cold!!). I'd love to take my camera with me but I'm only taking a small bag and it won't fit, and in the state I'll probably be in, I'll end up losing it!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home