Thursday, October 21, 2004

Thursday 21st October

My parents have arrived home today from their jetsetting life. They've been over to the UK, then to Nova Scotia, Toronot and Vancouver for the last couple of months. Time has certainly flown past quickly, that's for sure. I've got to take my Dad's car over to their place tonight. He left it in our garage while they went away. Unfortunately when I went to start it last night (I was going to take it over then) it wouldn't start. Battery totally dead. So Nick had to put it on charge and I've not got to take it over tonight.
Was hoping not to have to do the family thing until the weekend, but it looks like I've got to listen to all the details tonight of their trip (is this being selfish?).

Well I went and saw Alana's teacher yesterday. Basically she just went over everything that Nick and I were already aware of with regards to her writing. She's given us a leaflet about getting her assessed and maybe having some special lessons for her. I'll probably take her along and see what they say and then take it from there.

Another beautiful day in Melbourne. I love the fact that I can put a load of washing in the machine before work, get it out on the line and then bring it all in when I get home. The washing machines over here are mainly top loaders and most cycles only run for 1/2 hour, which is great. Also with it being a top loader, if I forget a piece of clothing, I can just open the lid and bung it in while it's still going. I have to admit that the washing powders over here are pretty crap and don't get the washing really clean, but that's probably because the wash cycle isn't as long as on a front loader. I always have to soak the whites overnight in boiling water before I put them on a wash cycle.....okay that was all pretty boring wasn't it!!! Hope you haven't all drifted off to sleep through that!

The video has arrived. It did show up yesterday but I'd already left so I'll watch it tonight. Can't wait to see it. I'm quite excited!

1 Comments:

At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohh you're really not looking forward to the family thing tonight are you!

Let us know what you think of the video, get the champers out sweetie and it will feel like you are there with us.

Take care
Love Lisax

Lisa
22/10/04 12:00 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home