Friday, December 31, 2004

New Years Eve

First of all thought I'd better clear up some confusion. We didn't end up going to the beach on Xmas Day. It just wasn't warm enough to have enjoyed the day, so we ended up going to my parent's house in the morning, then back to our place for lunch.
The parents and my sister and her lot came over later in the afternoon.

Okay, so we ended up going to the beach yesterday instead. It was perfect weather, 26 degrees with a nice breeze. There was hardly any traffic going down there either, which was great. It takes us about 1 1/2 hours to our favourite beach.

Unfortunately the flies were out in force. We had tons of fly repellent on and they still wanted to land on us, horrible little buggers!! I lounged on the lounger most of the afternoon while Nick and Alana went off to create giant sandcastles!!

It was quite busy compared to when we've been down previously, but it's still empty compared to a warm day on the beach in the UK. Here's the photos I took yesterday.







Alana is playing with her new toy. It's a Tamagotchi....who invented these bloody things!!! They keep making noise!! And they have to be looked after all the time!! And guess who has to keep looking after it......certainly NOT Alana. It's normally Nick. He made sure that he read up on the instructions 'cos he knew that Alana would keep asking him how to do it!!

We're still not sure about New Years Eve yet. We may end up driving up the mountain and watch all the fireworks from there (hopefully it's a clear evening), otherwise we'll be watching the TV!!

If you've been reading my Weight Blog you'll have read that I did a step class on Wednesday. Well I am now walking like an 80 year old!! I can hardly put any weight on my feet as my calves just kill me!! I'm hoping that Alcohol will kill the pain!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home