Monday, January 31, 2005

Monday 31st January

Can you believe that there's only 2 days till Helsy & Steve arrive. I'm getting that Christmassy feeling when it's almost too exciting to sleep....not that I have any trouble sleeping!

I've now got everything organised....just. Had a big spring clean of the guest bedroom, washed all the sheets, we got rid of all the stuff that we've just chucked in the room because we had nowhere else to put it, or we were too lazy to put it out in the garage!! Nick has now put up the new light fittings that we'd bought for Alana's room, the guest bedroom and the hallway, so we've been quite productive this weekend!!

Just need to fill the fridge with food and booze now!

My older brother Rob and his two girls came over on Saturday and stayed the night. Now I love my brother but sometimes he's more dippy than me!! He forgot to bring the girls PJ's and toothbrushes. I gave them a couple of my XL t-shirts to sleep in but we didn't have any spare toothbrushes, so they went home with very dirty teeth!!

We went for lunch at a lovely pub called the Coach & Horses. Luckily the childrens play area is soudproofed, otherwise I think some of the other diners might have complained about the noise. Robs girls are a bit excessive with their noise sometimes, which is a shame as they are quite nice girls. I'm a bit concerned about their weight though. They are very overweight. I couldn't really say anything to Rob, as it's not my place, but I have to wonder what they are being fed to be that overweight.

Weather has been a bit up and down, but still warm. Yesterday was a lovely day, as is today and tomorrow. Click on the weather link on the right and see what the weather is for Wednesday (when Helsy & Steve arrive). They're bringing the english weather with them....can you believe it!! Poor Helsy, I know she was hoping to top up her tan a bit. But that's Melbourne for you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home