Monday, January 10, 2005

Monday 10th January

I'm hot, I'm tired and I need another holiday already!!

Weekend was quite productive. We have now decided on the lounge suite that we want. Just need to haggle with the nice salespeople to get the price we want!
Also went out and spent over $800 (gulp) on lighting!! I got my dining room light too!! Had to choose this one though (which I'm just as happy with) as the other one I liked was too expensive and also hung down too low to the table. Helsy you'll be happy to know that we have also splashed out and bought a shade for the guest room. Didn't think that you'd look your best in the harsh glare of the light globe!!

Have come home from work this evening and we now have 32 holes in the ceiling!! Nick has drilled them all out so that he can put the downlights in. He had even cleaned up all the mess by the time that I got home (bless him!!).

He has been very brave - he ventured into the loft to cut out the insulation for the holes. I was sure he'd meet up with the noisy possum, but it didn't seem to be around (luckily). Lots of poo pellets though - apparently (yuck!)

Alana started her Vacation Care today. I arrived to pick her up and all the kids were having water fights!! They all had those spray bottles. One of the little shits even had the cheek to spray me!! Luckily it was 30 degrees today so it didn't take long for her (or me) to dry off!! We went to see Spongebob after that as Nick was still busy doing his cutting out, and we didn't want to get in the way so we didn't get home till about 7.30pm.

Lovely day yesterday. I did all my ironing on the decking in my bathers (can you picture that!!). Kills two birds with one stone. Just had to be a bit careful that I didn't burn my stomach with the iron!!

Alana's quote of the day: "Hey Guys" (calling out to me and Nick!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home