Thursday, January 27, 2005

Thursday 27th January

Happy belated Australia Day to everyone. We did nothing at all yesterday. I went for a run in the morning, did a bit of ironing in the afternoon, then had a BBQ in the evening.

It was too hot to do much (35 degrees). Just sat outside on the decking with a good book, a big bottle of water and the occasional icy pole.

Have you all been watching the tennis? We've got sport on just about every channel at the moment. If it's not tennis, then it's cricket. Pretty boring if you ask me. Means that I don't just sit in front of the box in the evenings. I get to sit in front of the computer instead! (don't know which one's worse!).

Alana started her first day of school today. She was really excited too (which was a relief). She couldn't wait to get into the class and see all of her friends from last year. She's already made herself known to the teacher as her name was spelt wrong, which she promptly told her teacher about!!

Nick's also enjoying his job. They're holding an auction today of some of the confiscated stuff that can be sold off. The public can go and bid for it, so that'll be an eye opener for him.

We've got my older brother and his two girls coming over on Saturday. It's his birthday today "Happy Birthday Rob" and it's mine on Tuesday so he suggested meeting up for lunch somewhere local. BUT he doesn't want to invite the rest of the family. I think the shit's going to hit the fan when my sister and my mother find out. I'm saying nothing!!

Alana's quote of the day: "Yeah, yeah, whatever!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home