Monday, August 02, 2004

Monday 2nd August

God I feel like crap! I'm starting to get some kind of bug, fluey thing. It started on Saturday. Didn't feel quite right, but thought it was just my muscles aching from being at the gym.
Then yesterday I felt really lethargic and had no energy whatsoever. Even though my head wasn't hurting with headache, it was hurting inside. Any kind of exertion and it hurt.
I've also developed this horrible cough. My throat feels really horrible and I can't stop coughing.
But being the reliable person that I am, I've come in to work only to find out that there are lots of people off sick with this flu thing.

I went to the football on Saturday with Margaret and her friend Chrissy. Had a nice time and we had fantastic seats, so we could see all the action. We were sitting next to the Essendon Members area, so we got to have a giggle at all the toffs who were dressed up to the nines just to watch the football....you just wouldn't would you???
Anyway my beloved Essendon won by 40 points, so that finished off the evening well, even though I was feeling awful.

We went out yesterday to find some furniture. I've found my dream dining setting . It seats 8 people and is just to die for. Only problem is that it costs over $1,000 and that's just for the table.
We bought a couple of bedside tables and a couple of coffee tables for the lounge too. I really wanted to go looking for cars, but by the time we'd been round the furniture shops I could hardly stand up any more, so Nick is going to go looking during the week.

Have found a great place to shop for brand name stuff. Haven't actually shopped there yet, but I know it's one place that I want to take Helsy when she's here. Make sure you've got some spare room in your suitcase girl!!!

That stupid ducted heating. I thought I'd got it sussed out with the timings for it coming on and going off, but it has come on at 5.30am for the last 3 mornings. As above, Nick is going to have a look at it for me......He's good to have around. Everyone should have one!!!!

Weather over the weekend was gorgeous. Sun shone on Saturday and yesterday. Got all the washing done and dried too. It's supposed to rain for the next 3 days now.....that's Melbourne though.

I've got my appointment for the Platic Surgeon tomorrow morning, so I'll update you when I get into work, that's if I'm feeling better, otherwise I'll be at home trying to get better.

2 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

J did you mean spare room in suitcase or on credit card?

nick
02/08/04 06:21 pm

 
At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a good point Nick, and one that I shall discuss with Mr Redden at length!!! Sorry to hear that you're feeling grotty sweetie - make sure you rest as much as you can - can't rush a recovery! Well I went shoppin on Sat. with Mum and Kate. Bought my tiara (£175!!! Better look good for that money!) and my shoes. Got pointed out that it's only 8wks to go!! I'm on the diet as of today! Take care and big hugs all round. xxx

helsy
03/08/04 06:05 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home