Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Tuesday 4th May

Weight: 66.2...okay it hasn't gone up today
Biscuits/Lollies: 2 biscuits so far
Exercise: None at all
Alcohol: No....but desparately want some


Pretty boring day yesterday. Nothing really new to add. Have to wait until tomorrow morning to hear if anything has been done about the house. Hope this woman decides to go ahead and complete, otherwise it's going to take us another couple of months to go through it all again.....just can't face that thought right now.

I'm off to get my hair highlighted and cut tonight. My friend Kerry does it for me at a really good price, although they tend not to highlight the whole head, just the roots on the top and side and the bottom of the back (in case it gets put up in a ponytail), so it doesn't take as long to do, but it doesn't seem as blonde. Nick is also getting his cut too so the whole family are driving over. I've decided to get a long fringe cut back into the front as it's looking quite flat now, especially when I straighten it with the straighteners.

Alana's teacher spoke to Nick last week about her writing. Seems that she gets really frustrated when she can't write the letters properly and so we've been asked to do some extra work with her at home. Even just over the last few days, she's really picked up and is much better already at writing letters. Her biggest problems are the letter k and r. Will concentrate on getting these right this week. Other than that, she is doing really well at school. Her reading is fantastic and she can read all by herself now (well with the books that she brings home that is!!). We've got parent/teacher interviews at the end of this term so I'm looking forward to hearing what her teacher has to say about her.

Took her to her swimming lessons last night and she is now able to lay on her back with one of those long, thin, round sponge things behind her and kick all by herself. She absolutely loves the water and since she lost the fear to put her head in the water, she's done so much better.

I've now started my Open University course and it's very intensive. Lots of reading and searching the internet for answers. Can't say that I'm enjoying it yet, but hopefully it's going to sink in soon. I think I enjoy finding the answers to the multiple choice questions on the assignments the best. Much more so than actually taking in any of the information that I'm learning. Just hope that I get a better score with this course than I did with the last one (even though I passed it....just).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home