Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Wednesday 15th September

Forgot to post yesterday. Not sure how that happened, but when I got home last night I realised that I hadn't made a post, and as Nick was using the computer, didn't actually get a chance to add one....sorry to anyone who was hanging out to read it.

Anyway we've had a bit of a catastrophe in the kitchen. The oven has decided that it doesn't want to work any more. It's a gas oven. The spark still works when it's turned on, but there's no gas getting through.
I was happily cooking some roasted vegies, added some more, left them for about an hour (pumpkin takes that long to roast!!) and when I opened up the oven door.....nothing. It was cooling down rapidly. Nick did take a look, but just can't seem to see what the problem is.
We now have to call out a plumber. I may even get a new oven out of it yet!! This then means that we have to look at putting in a new kitchen, 'cos the new oven I want isn't going to fit into the space that the old oven is in and we will have to pull some of the bottom cupboards out to fit it, and we will then have to take out the old hotplates and put in a new piece of kitchen bench, so it'll be much easier just to put a new kitchen in and be done with it!!! Just have to figure out where we're going to get the $10,000 to do it!!

Alana is unwell again. She has a cold again and the cough is back again!! I'm going to get an appointment with another doctor that has been recommended to me. She went and saw this doctor originally to get her booster MMR shot done, and he was just wonderful with her. My sister really rates him, so it looks like another trip to the doctor for her!!

I've also got a bit of a sore throat, but hopefully it'll go away soon, as I'm looking after myself, eating well and exercising regularly.

We're going to the Royal Melbourne Show on Sunday, all being well with Alana, and we've invited one of her cousins to come along with us as well to keep her company. I love the show as they have some fantastic rides, great food, and SHOWBAGS !!!

2 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't start my day without a regular update, it helps much more than a cup of coffee. Seems like an expensive way to replace a cooker, still if you can swing it, why not! Will send more extensive e-mail soon.
Love J2

J2
15/09/04 05:10 pm

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Jaykay said...

Yes I was thinking of you J2 more than anyone. Looking forward to your email.

Jaykay
16/09/04 02:43 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home