Friday, September 17, 2004

Friday 17th September

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO ME


Well it's been a year today that me and Alana got on that plane at Gatwick Airport. Hope the next year doesn't go so quickly!!

We still haven't got in touch with anyone to look at our oven so everything is being cooked in either the microwave or on the stove (lots of different ways to cook Chicken Breasts on the stove!!). I'm trying to get the name of the bloke who came and looked at the heaters when we were living in the rental in Kilsyth. Will keep you updated!!

Alana is feeling much better today. My sister lent us this nibulator (sp?) thing. It's like an oxygen mask and she inhales some liquid stuff that makes steam when the machine is turned on. At first Alana wasn't very keen as the little machine is a bit noisy, and also there's all this steam coming out of the mask, but once she saw me put it on my face (always the guinea pig me!!) then she was okay with it. It seems to be making a difference, but she still has a very blocked up nose, but the cough is much better than it was.

It's the last day of school today, so all the kids were allowed to dress casually. I had to put Alana's hair up in plaits...but not just two...no, no, Alana wanted five plaits - well it is her favourite number, so I spent time this morning putting plaits in her hair. I've taken a photo but I haven't had time to upload it yet, so I'll do it tonight.

Today is my last day at work for 2 weeks, and I'm so looking forward to having a break. I'm going to try and get to the gym everyday, but at least I won't have to get up at 5.45am to go. Looking forward to that lay in!!!

It's always the way with work isn't it. I've sat here for the last 2 or 3 months with hardly anything to do, and then in the last 2 weeks, I've been asked to do some Visio stuff, which I've really enjoyed, and they need more done over the next week as well. Me being me, I've said that I'm happy to do it if they need it done, so I've now installed Visio on the computer at home, I've been given a fax machine so that they can fax the changes to me, and I can then email them the finished document. At least I get paid if I do the work, and it's not as if we're going away or anything.
What a great employee I am!!

We're off to the show on Sunday, Alana has a doctor's appointment on Monday, we all want to go and see Garfield, A Sharks Tale, Thunderbirds and Home on the Range at the movies, I'd like to take Alana rollerskating, bowling and I want to go up to town shopping one day as well, so that should keep us occupied for some of the holidays. I'm probably going to need a proper holiday when I come back to work!!

1 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, only me checking in. Hope you all have a great time at the show on Sunday. Just wanted to thank you for your supportive messages again the past few days, I really appreicate it.
I've just been catching up on your weeks entries, I think your Blog looks fantastic now.

Darren
17/09/04 02:39 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home