Thursday, August 19, 2004

Thursday 19th August

Helsy, thanks for sending the photos. Looks and sounds like you all had a fantastic time. Wish I could have been there.

Weather has been glorious the last few days and looks like it's going to continue into next week. It's still quite cold in the mornings (5 degrees this morning) but the sun is normally shining by the time I'm driving to work. The days are getting longer as well now and it's not getting dark till about 6.15pm.

Nick is now actively looking for work, and with his Truck Licence, there seems to be plenty available for him to choose from. Keeping fingers crossed that he finds something that'll fit in with all our wants and needs!!

Okay so I'm not the perfect parent. Alana has a gymnastics competition on Saturday and we had the application form sitting on the fridge. I thought it'd be okay to hand it in last night, but upon reading it, they had to be in on Sunday, and it states in big bold letters that no late entries will be accepted....haven't had the right moment to tell Alana that she won't be competing now.....hopefully I can bribe her with something else.....toy, lollies etc etc.
Maybe taking her over to her Grandma's early on Saturday might make her forget. She loves going over to my Mum's house (no idea why!!) so it might go some way to erasing the competition from her mind.

It was bark free last night. Not sure what they did with the dog but it didn't utter one bark. They might have kept it in maybe???? Given it a bit of attention too!! Poor thing! Ugly but - it's a boxer....slobbering things they are!!

4 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes you are the perfect parent and Alana told me so!
We had better make that a good makeup surprise for her though.

The dog is currently in ICU with a size 10 in it's gob plus several .22s in it's butt. (Only joking Helen. I know it's the owners fault and not the pooches.)

nick
19/08/04 01:29 pm

 
At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not a bad mum!! Chocolate will definitely do the trick though!! Good luck with the job hunting Nick and glad to hear that the dog got let off this time round!! Take care xx

helsy
20/08/04 04:43 am

 
At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you the JayKay that sent me email about Melbourne's nickname? I accidentally deleted it before I could reply :( But if it's you, I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU and I think i'm going to use "Most Liveable City" as the title.. thanks a bunch!

Stef
20/08/04 10:43 am

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Jaykay said...

Hi Stef

Yep that was me!!

Glad I could be of help.

Jaykay
20/08/04 11:15 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home