Monday, April 04, 2005

Monday 4th April

Once again I've been really slack with keeping everyone up todate on what's been happening over in the world's most liveable city.

Nick's parent's have been here for nearly a week now and we have had some great weather to go with it.....sorry Helsy! More expected this week too.

Have eaten out quite a few times over the last week. Not great for the waistline but much better than slaving away in a hot kitchen!

We went up to Marysville on Saturday to see Stevenson's Falls. It was a hot day in Melbourne, but up there it was much cooler as it's up the mountain a bit. Took about an hour to get there. I'll put up a couple of photos tonight when I get home.
Then yesterday we went to Queen Vic Market. I love going there as there's tons of stalls to just browse and there's some really great fruit and veg there too (god listen to me going on about fruit & Veg!). Enjoyed a great lunch at one of the restaurants in Lygon Street.

Alana started school holidays today. She's at Vacation Care today and tomorrow and then Nick's parents are looking after her for the rest of the week. Nick has got the next couple of Fridays and Mondays off to hang out with his parents and do the sightseeing thing.

I finish work next Wednesday.....scary. If I haven't found any work by then I'll continue to work here and just play it by ear.
Here's a laugh for you....I have applied for a job at Cadburys!! Just think how huge I might become if I did work there! But then maybe it might just put me off chocolate for life!

J1& J2, I've sent you a little package!

The plastering is now done. I tell you what, the bloke who did it was such a messy begger. I came home to find plaster all over the floor and the carpet. Was not very impressed. Took me about an hour to vacuum the house and get most of the mess up, but had to scrub the carpet to get the blobs of stuff out. Not very impressed. Saying that, he did do a great job on the walls. Just need to paint them now. I hate painting so looks like Nick's going to be busy (sorry Honey).

Alana is not happy. Seems that Grandad snores and wakes her up most nights. At first she came into our room to complain, but we've since encouraged her to wake Grandad up and complain to him! Last night she slept in our bed and Nick slept in her bed! I think Grandad has been to the chemist to find out if there is anything he can take to stop the noise!

We've met the owner of the house next door. He's moving in once he's finished painting. He's a Clergyman, so at least there won't be any loud music coming from that side!! Hope he doesn't complain about our music. We both like it quite loud when we're home on our own. Even Alana likes her music loud!

Alana's Quote of the Day: "Mummy you've got really fit legs"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home