Thursday, March 03, 2005

Thursday 3rd March

It's Grand Prix weekend in Melbourne. There's been a lot of hype, lots of media, and lots of people are going to be attending. It's a family day there today and it's free to get in as Melbourne is celebrating it's 10th anniversary of hosting it. Can you imagine that happening in the UK?? I think not!

I'm doing a "How to Design" course tomorrow and guess what.....it's directly opposite where the Grand Prix is being held. I was going to drive into town, but knowing where it is now I've decided to take the train and jump on a tram which will drop me off right in front of the place. It'll be manic on the roads.

I'd love to go to the Grand Prix again, but this time I'd buy tickets for the grandstand. It was so busy last year and you could'nt get anywhere near the track, but the noise and the atmosphere there are just fantastic. It's going to rain on the weekend so that'll make for an interesting race anyway. We're going to watch it from the comfort of the lounge room this year!

I had the parent/teacher interview last night with Alana's teacher. Don't really get a good vibe from this woman. She seems very lazy in her teaching. I don't think Alana is doing too well in her class at the moment. She's still not too good with her writing (probably some of that is our fault as we've been a bit slack with getting her to practise at home) and even though we thought her reading was quite good, she's only average in the class, so more work there too I think is needed.

This bloody parent lark keeps you busy I tell you!

Alana's quote of the day: "Mummy when am I going to die!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home