Friday, March 11, 2005

Friday 11th March

Hasn't Friday rolled around quickly!

And I'm happy to report that the sun is shining and we have beautiful blue skies. The people at the weather place have also promised us 30 degrees for the whole weekend and also Monday which is a public holiday here (Labour Day). The beach is going to be busy I think!

As usual we haven't made any definite plans to do anything. I'd love to take Nick over to Phillip Island, so maybe that'll be a day out for us on Saturday. Nick also wants to take me to Williamstown, a place he passed through the other day and loved the look of it. I've never been there, which is weird as I've been to most places in Melbourne. It's got lots of little cafes and is right on the water. There's even a beach!

I've made a big decision. The job that I am currently employed doing is boring the hell out of me. Now don't get me wrong, I love surfing the internet, making lots of private phone calls and generally bludging and doing nothing, but after a while it just gets too much. My brain has turned to mush and I'm putting on weight as I have nothing else to occupy me so eating has become very habitual at my desk!
Anyway I'm going to look for a new job....I hear you all gasp. I know that I'm on a fairly good wage here, and I know that I've got great hours that fit in with Alana too, BUT, and there's always a but, I just want to do something that at least taxes me a little bit.

So I'll keep you all updated. Maybe I'll go back to temping. I'd love to find something a little bit closer to home, maybe within 15 minutes drive, rather than the 35 minutes I'm currently doing. I'm a bit nervous as we do rely on the money, so I feel like I'm taking a bit of a risk, but I need to be busy and I need to be happy too. Ask Nick how grumpy I've been lately!

The plasterer has been in and given us a quote to get all the walls fixed up now that we've hacked them all down. He's going to start on the 4th April. He's also going to plaster over the feature brick wall around the fireplace that we've got in the lounge room. Then we're going to paint everything white! I love white. So easy to co-ordinate everything with.
Still have to wait another 4 weeks for our new lounge suite to arrive. Then we need to look at flooring for the back living area. Then it's on to the kitchen!

I have a dejavu feeling as I'm sure that I had a list like this when we were living in Bisley!!

Alana's quote of the day: "Mummy why are you so bossy?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home