Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Tuesday 15th March

Well I certainly can't complain about the weekend. Weather was just fantastic, almost too good to be true, and dare I say it, maybe a little bit too hot....yep you heard it out of Mrs Sunworshippers mouth!!

We went to Williamstown on Sunday and I was very impressed with the place. I said to Nick that if ever we decided to move anywhere, this is where I'd like to live. It reminds me very much of the South of France with all the sidewalk restaurants and lots of people just wandering through the shops, enjoying the sunshine.

Only down side is the cost of housing. Take a look here , taking into account the type of house that we have in Croydon North. You'll probably need to go to the last page to compare like for like.....how much money!!

Here's some photos of our day out.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



We found a great restaurant to have lunch in. There are tons of them right the way down the main street and they all look out over the bay. Alana wanted Fairy Bread (hundreds & thousands sprinkled on bread). She got it absolutely everywhere but totally enjoyed it.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



This is Williamstown port. Lots of fantastic boats are moored (sp?) here. There's also a fabulous pub right next to the water. While we were there, a wedding party were getting married. Very sweet! Just behind us you can see the red ferry. We went on a 30 minute cruise around the bay on this.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Here's a piccy of the Melbourne outline. It was very hot so it's quite hazy from the heat.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



And here's Alana on the ferry. Took me ages to get the tangles out of her hair that night!

I also decided to try and give myself heatstroke by walking over to my parent's house yesterday for a bit of exercise. Didn't realise it was so hot until I got about 1/2 way there. Then of course I had to walk all the way home again. Took me just under 2 hours to go there and back. In 35 degree heat, I'm sure I sweated enough to fill a bath!
I know my shins hurt today. Didn't realise there were so many hills either! Probably won't do that again!

I've also managed to find some clothes for Alana to wear to school on Friday as a hippy. They have to dress in a fashion of the 50's, 60's, 70's or 80's. Originally we were going to dress her like an 80's Madonna, then we thought of going with the 50's look of cute cardigan, ra ra type skirt, bobby socks and a scarf tied around her neck, then we though Bay City Roller look, and finally we agreed.....hippy chick.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Alana's Quote of the Day: "Well recording to my book" (she mean't "according")

2 Comments:

At 7:46 AM, Blogger Ms Mac said...

Hi,

I used to have lunch at one of the hotels in Willie every second Thursday with my husband! I'm homesick!

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment. Come again soon!

ms. mac

 
At 11:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here via BE, lovely pictures

 

Post a Comment

<< Home