Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Monday 6th December

I've done all of my Xmas shopping, thank god. Just need to find something for Nick......any ideas anyone?
The part I hate now is wrapping all the presents. I'm not very good at wrapping them, just don't seem to have Helsy's flair for making them look all spiffy and stylish!!

Don't really need to worry too much about food for Xmas Day as we're going to the beach (as long as it's nice weather). If it is raining, we'll probably just have a BBQ with some salad.Christmas just doesn't seem to be that much of a big deal out here. Must be due to the weather. If it's hot, you just don't want to be making any kind of effort to do anything other than sit down and keep your drink cold!!

We're all going over to my parent's house on the 18th for the "family" get together.....that should be fun ? NOT!! Will need to get very drunk that afternoon so that I can just ignore everything and everyone who would normally get on my tits!!! At least it'll be fun for the kids - Alana loves anything to do with presents and seeing all her cousins, so she'll be in heaven!!

Had a pretty good weekend. As I said, I went shopping with my Sister and I got all of Alana''s presents in one go....yippee!!! We had a BBQ on Saturday night, which was great, and another one last night too. I love BBQing when the weather is nice....cook the food and then sit outside and enjoy the evening and the food and drink too!!!

Nick has been working hard putting up the Laserlite over the back of the decking, so that if it's raining, we can still sit out side. It looks great and I think he'll finish it today. Will take a piccie when I get home and put it on here so you can all see it.

The Christmas Tree is now up. It's very strange to drive around and not see any lights up on the houses. There are a couple of streets in Lilydale where all the residents go to a lot of effort to do up their houses in lights and I believe there is constant passing traffic, as people drive up there to see them. Might take Alana over there this weekend. Of course we have to wait until it gets dark, which isn't till about 8.30 - 9.00pm here, so it's quite late for her.

Weather was great over the weekend. Of course the only problem with this is that we always seem to have a load of ironing to do. Between Nick and I, we always seem to be ironing!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home